Thanks to Xunaira Javed for tagging me in The Next Big Thing Blog Hop.
This Blog Hop allows authors to share with you their works in progress. Today I am going to share with you my current works in progress. I hope you enjoy!
1. What is the working title of your book(s)?
I am currently working on two books the are children’s fantasy. The the first book is going to be relatively short; it is the introduction of the series. The first book is titled Ravenshire and the second book is titled The Glass House Children of Ravenshire. I had planned on having them released by this summer but I had delays and hopefully they will be released by early fall.
2. Where did the idea come from for the book?
I’m not really sure. It just found its way into my head one day. I will say that the inspiration for the idea came from the Narnia series and the Lemony Snicket series. Though its not really like either.
3. What genre does your book come under?
Fantasy for children. However, I think all ages will enjoy them.
4. Which actors would you get to play in your movie rendition?
I haven’t really thought about that. I am just trying to get the books finished.
5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Follow the Frye children (the Glass House children) on fantastical adventures in and around Ravenshire, their little town that seems to stand still in time.
6. Is your book self-published, published by an independent publisher or represented by an agency?
It will be published by a small press publishing company, Full Moon Publishing, LLC.
7. How long fif it take you to write the first draft or your manuscript?
I came up with the idea about 6 years ago. I wrote the first chapter then and put it away. I gained interest and inspiration about a year ago. The first chapter ended up being the first book.
8. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
Lemony Snicket series, the Narnia series, and the Spiderwick Chronicles.
9. Who or what inspired you to write this book?
The three series above. I really love reading books like these.
10. What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
The Frye family are very close to nature and the siblings are kind and caring to one another. There will be at least six books in the series, an adventure for each child and the introduction book. The first adventure book is based on the adventure of the oldest child. The children, with the help of their father, build a small boat that looks like a miniature clipper ship. In this boat they take a journey along the coastline close to their home to the Ravenshire Falls where they find a secret cave behind the falls where they discover creatures they believed were only myths. They find a little trouble and help a few new friends on this incredible journey.