“Are you trying to find a man on Facelook?” her Mom questions, after years of being told it is Facebook!
What if she doesn’t like him?
These are the thoughts, inside her head. Until they meet and realise, that they have been friends offline aswell as online!
What happens next?
A light-hearted, romantic comedy about a single mom finding true love, which was right before her eyes.
I would like to welcome Kerry Taylor and thank her for taking the time to give me this interview. We will be finding out about her and her book Blind Dating.
Before we begin the interview, Kerry can you tell us a little about yourself and your novel?
Now on to the interview.
- When did you start writing?
When I was 2 years old! As a poet probably from when I was 5 years old. I have always loved poetry. Romantic comedies, 4 months ago!
- What/who inspired you to write?
Strange, really cannot answer this question. No one has inspired me to write, I love reading Maya Angelous works, but this has never inspired me to do the same.
- Who has been the most supportive?
My children, especially number 2!
- What writers inspired you and what about their work do you most like?
I have read so many writers from poets such as Maya Angelou, Alice Walker, Toni Morrison, but they have just been books I have read, they cannot inspire me because I do not know them personally…………
- What is your favorite piece of writing by them?
- Have you collaborated or plan to collaborate in the future?
I am looking for a male romantic comedian writer to do a collaboration, so if anyone is interested then let me know.
- What future projects do you have in store?
I am writing my first series novel, untitled at the moment and a new romantic comedy, untitled too.
- Are you currently working on a project?
- What is your favorite poem from your own work and why?
Beauty, about the birth of my second son. It was the first time, that straight after childbirth I could express how I felt.
For the lighter questions
- Do have any writing quirks?
Yes, one day in the park with my daughter, I got into the novel that I was writing, that she took the blanket from her pushchair, and laid on the grass and put herself to bed. I only noticed when onlookers were pointing and laughing at her actions.
- Do you snack while you write?
All about the coke
- Do have a special place that you prefer to write?
- Do have certain amount of time that you have set aside to write each day?
No, I have to write as much as possible at any given time, because if I stop the next time I have writers block.
- Do you listen to music when you write? If so what type of music (genre and/or songs)?
No – I have 3 children and the youngest thinks she is one of Gangman’s dancers so she insists on listening to that whenever she is at home!
- Anything other interesting information that you would like to add.
I am hoping to do a book tour during the summer, I think if I could stop writing this month, I may actually organize it.
http://www.amazon.com/ dp/B00BL5GSD6 – Love or Money
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BKAQ0VW – Blind Dating